- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use this information
- How to access and update information we hold
Information we collect
We collect information to help provide a better service to all of our users. This includes basic demographic information like what language you speak, to more complex information on what’s likely to interest you and how you are using our website.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, you might choose to subscribe to our newsletter, fill in a contact form or request a brochure, and we will ask for personal information like your name, email address, telephone number and date of birth to store with your account and to determine whether or not you might be interested in our products, a lot of which are age-limited.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services you use and how you interact with them, such as how long you spend on a particular page of the website and whether or not you download a brochure. This includes the following:
- Device information such as what device, operating system and network you are using.
- Demographic information such as your location, age range, gender, language and interests.
- Behaviour information such as how often you return to our website, how long you are on the website for and what pages you visit.
- Live behaviour information such as where you move your mouse and what you click on. We collect this to help improve the usability of our website by establishing which areas may be causing confusion or may be unclear.
- To track your browser across multiple websites
- To build a profile of your web surfing
- To target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
How we use the information that we collect
We use the information that we collect to provide, maintain, improve, develop and protect our services. We may use it for any of the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website
- To track you as you navigate our website
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyse the use of our website and make improvements
- In the administration of this website
- To personalise our website for you
One of the products we use to analyse our website usage is Google Analytics. This allows us to see how the website is being used, track campaigns we may be running and understand how the website is performing. This insight allows us to constantly improve the content and usability of the site. Should we tailor information for you, we will not associate an identifier from cookies, Google Analytics or similar with any sensitive categories such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Blocking and deleting cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. You can often find out how to do this easily by searching online. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. You can also delete all cookies already stored on your computer. Similarly, you can find out how to do this by searching online for your particular browser. It is important to note that this may also have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside Homewise unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with third party companies, organisations or individuals when we have your consent. This could include but is not exclusive to your solicitors, agents and others involved in your purchase process.
- For external processing. We provide anonymised information to trusted third-party businesses or persons to process or analyse it for us. We draw on their expertise and experience in these professions to help us understand our market and improve our services. In some cases, for example where we use tracking software to examine a web user’s mouse movement, it may be possible for the third-party to connect your anonymised information with personal information you may provide, for example in the submission of a form.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Homewise is we have a belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable terms of service including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property and safety or Homewise, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We consistently review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorised access and to ensure that we are meeting the requirements of the Data Protection Act. We restrict access to personal information to Homewise employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information in order to do their work and who are subject to confidentiality agreements.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and regularly review our practices to ensure that we are meeting these requirements. We have a comprehensive complaints procedure that details how any complaint will be handled internally. If you wish to make a complaint, we will require a formal written complaint, and we will then contact the complainant to try to resolve the issue or escalate the matter.
@WADDS44 just so you know, you can remove our properties from your search by filtering retirement properties, I hope that helps
"Excessive complexity and incomprehensibility"... Does our pension system need reforming? ow.ly/xV6G300tzZh https://t.co/Y86UyDdaBF
Download our brochure
Our brochure is packed with useful information, case studies and customer testimonials to help give you a clear understanding of how the Home for Life Plan works, and how it could work for you. Pop your name, your email address and your phone number below, and we'll get in touch to check everything makes sense.